i3 TWOSterile filter
The i3 TWO point-of-use sterile filter is applied at the shower head where it serves toward sterile filtration of tap water with the aim of protecting immunodeficient or immunocompromised patients from infections caused by waterborne germs in oncology, transplant, intensive care and neonate units. It is used wherever aerosols can arise and serves to prevent infections caused by bacteria such as legionella pneumophila, Pseudomonas aeruginosa or mycobacteria.
The i3 TWO is also used for flushing wounds (chronic wounds, wounds sustained by severe burn victims and postoperative wounds) and for cleaning extensive (healing) wounds. The sterile filter can also be used within the framework of daily personal hygiene in homecare applications.
- Sterilized as a class 1 medical product, the i3 TWO is validated for an application period of 50 days (7 weeks)
- Connection is via a quick-release adapter (i3 TWO connect)
- Thread connection (i3 TWO direct)
- The filter housing material contains a bacteriostatic additive and reduces the germ count for retrograde contamination by 4 Log levels within 24 hours (as per the standard¹)
- The shower jet is bundled and soft to protect the patients' sensitive skin
- The i3 PES 200 membrane used in the i3 TWO has a nominal pore width of 0.2 µm and corresponds with the definition of sterile filtration²
- The i3 PES 200 ensures great stability and a consistently high flow rate.
If you are interested in a quotation for our sterile filters for shower head, please call us at +49 40 2576748-0 or send us your inquiry.
¹: JIS Z 2801/ISO 22196
²: Guidance for Industry Sterile Drug Products Produced by Aseptic Processing — Current Good
Manufacturing Practice September 2004, Pharmaceutical CGMPs
Length (without adapter)
> 5 l/min. at 1 bar
Max. operating temperature
60° C (max. 30 min. at 70° C)
max. 5 bar
max. 2 years
i3 PES 200
PA/PE peel bag, vacuumed